What do you do with left over roasted squash, make squash sauce and serve it over roasted chicken with sautéed vegetables!
• 1 chicken breast
• ½ yellow bell pepper sliced in strips
• 6 Cherry Tomatoes
• Pumpkin seeds
• Small bunch of spinach
• Butternut Squash sauce (recipe below)
Butternut Squash Sauce
• ½ cup roasted butternut squash
• ½ cup vegetable stock
• Italian herbs
1. Using left over roasted butternut squash from a prior meal, take ½ cup of butternut squash and put in a blender add Italian herbs and blend with ½ cup of vegetable stock a little at a time until it is the consistency of spaghetti sauce.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a skillet and heat. Season your chicken breast with Italian herbs, pepper and garlic powder. Brown the chicken in the pan on both sides. Remove and set aside.
3. Add bell peppers and tomatoes to the pan and sauté allowing the tomatoes to start to burst open.
4. Add chicken breast back to the pan and pour the butternut sauce over all.
5. Cover the pan and place in the oven to bake on 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. While the chicken is cooking, sauté the spinach with water and a little garlic.
7. Remove the chicken, pouring the sauce and vegetables over the breast. Add the spinach. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds overall and serve.